Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Vintage Wreath

Good morning!! I wanted to drop by and share with you a project I made.
I have recently discovered Magnolia stamps and have gone head over hills over the vintage look they have!!  I am sooooo  AMAZED at the cards and projects people make with them! I only own 3 Magnolias as of right now... but after the holidays are over I will MOST defiantly be buying more ; )
anyhoo.... I ordered me a Magnolia INK magazine last week and I finally got it and was so inspired by all the cool stuff that I saw inside! The first things I saw, was a wreath made with Tim Holtz  die cuts and mini magnolia stamps sooo adorable. Although I don't have any mini magnolia's  (YET!) I made mine with out.. I also used Tim Holtz pine cone die and another floral die from Tim Holtz ( not sure of the names)  I must say.. I'm pretty excited and Impressed with how it turned out.
Last week I had a super fun evening with my friends Dana, Cheryl and Shay we had a girls night IN and made different types of flowers and played around with die cuts all night!! So that made this wreath even easier to make because almost everything I used as pre-made from that night!
I will be entering this wreath into Wild orchid Challenge this week, the challenge is a child's Christmas. My kids LOVE Christmas decorations!
also entering it to Whimsy Stamps challenge 15: flower power
I have used green  Raffia ribbon and red flowers from WOC.

These flowers were made by putting a ton of flower layers together with a decorative brad, sprayed with water and crunched! then I added sparkly spritz ( hard to see in picture) and let dry overnight.


4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow Denise, this project is amazing. Great creativity and talent!
Thanks for joining us at Whimsy's Inspiration Challenge and hope to see you again next time.
Marilyn

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hey Denise! What a great way to use some of the fun embellishments we made the other day! This came together beautifully! Hugz, Cheryl

Marilyn said...

Oh My!!! Denise this is just gorgeous!! :)

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow! This is stunning! I love all the colors.
Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.

Hugs, Mindy