Saturday, April 7, 2012

Star Fairy

Just a quick post today to play along with the Wild Orchid Challenge: things with wings. I finally inked this beautiful fairy up that my friend Dana got me for Christmas! isn't she pretty!!!
Today I colored my image with distress inks!!!! I have stared following A LOT of wonderful ladies who use distress inks as there coloring medium and I LOVE LOVE it so I was dying to try it! What you you think? Anyone out there who uses this technique and can give me some pointers I would TOTALLY appreciate it :)
I used my Memento ink to stamps and I think it kinda bled a little so maybe I need to use my stazOn ink...
 Any hoo. thank you ladies for stopping by! have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Denise...love the image and fabulous layout.xxx

Marilyn said...

It's beautiful Denise! I love your card design and choice of colors! I have never really tried coloring with distress inks, but after seeing this beauty. I might give it a try!
Hugs, Marilyn

Cheryl Valadez said...

WOW! This turned out great! The distress inks look fabulous and the shading is really soft and lovely. Perfect for this delicate image. The blue makes little miss fairy pop and adds wonderful dimension. Great job, my friend! We'll need to get together and have a distress ink play day ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Chelsea said...

Oh ... beautiful stamp and gorgeous coloring Denise. Love how the stars are place.

Enjoy your day!
Hugs.

Dena said...

Denise! You did a FABULOUS job on the coloring with distress inks. You are right though, you need to use Stazon because Memento kinda bleeds on me too. You did a beautiful job on the shading!!!
Thanks for joining in the WOC Challenge this time around!
Hugs, Dena